Thursday 24 July 2014

IVA Fail

There has been a bit of gap between my last post and this event in September 13. The build stalled with my priorities changing, the birth of my first child.

So in September 13 I had managed to get the car ready for the IVA. I attended my IVA in Southampton, conducted by Andy from their office. I had mixed reviews about Southampton but all I can say is that Andy was helpful, complimentary of the car and genuinely seemed like he wanted the car to pass. However it failed, some more major issues than others but overall nothing too worrying.

1) Exhaust 109db instead of the 99bd limit - using small silencer bought as an early GBS exhaust
2) Brake bias - failed on the rollers, suggested that I need the Sierra brake valve (G-Valve?)
3) Differential - extra washers required rather than the GBS spacers supplied
4) Key switch in dash protrudes too much
5) Bolt in passenger compartment needs a cap
6) Trim on rear supports and centre console edges
7) Fuel lines - extra support in engine bay
8 ) VIN letter sizing - 3mm numbers rather the required 3.5mm. Also some rusting from the rain enroute.
9) Column shroud - required on the lower half of the column to tidy up block any ignition wiring
10) Steering column rubber mount had slipped - needs securing!
11) Rubber boot on the coil positive

Nothing too difficult except for the brakes, I had new drums and discs so maybe a mistake on my part. Exhaust is a cost I'd rather without.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment