Sunday 18 September 2011

Panels & Pedals

My aim this weekend was to fit the tunnel panel on the driver's side and make a start on the pedals. All went well ahead of the weekend, I managed to find the time to do a trial fit and drill the tunnel panel so all I needed to do on Saturday was lay down some adhesive and start riveting. I tell you, I'm glad I only went with 4" gaps otherwise I would have seriously started considering the need for a automatic rivet gun! All went well, the panel was cut nicely by GBS so it literally popped straight in.



My next job was to assemble the pedal bracket, the joy of more bushes. After studying a few blogs I think I've got it right!







Looks like I will need the shorten the metal insert for the bush but I thought I'd leave this for another day. You will notice that currently I only have the clutch & brake medals in, this is how it's meant to look. I believe the accelerator sits on a different bolt, I'll give it a go and see!

All in all a good weekend and more progress made. I'm keeping up with my schedule and things are taking shape, steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment