Tuesday 26 July 2011

I've bought my Zero!!

So, on Saturday 23rd July, GBS hosted an open day at their base in Newark. Mike & I drove up to take a look round, armed with my list of questions and a small shopping list! I managed to get all the answers I needed to make up my mind on which options to go with and then placed my order - roll on 6 weeks.

It was good to see the workshop, we managed to have a good look round some of the part built cars which gave us a few ideas on the build plan. It also helped me make up my mind on a few options, like the dash, the rear diffuser and really just a feel for the car. After getting some good advice from the guys at GBS, I will be ditching my EFI injection unit and opting for a standard Sierra carb. Once its on the road I can then upgrade it as I wish.

After ordering the kit, Keith took both of out on a test drive. All I can say is that I cannot wait until my car it built, the drive was amazing!


I've continued with the Sierra destruction, the rear diff is now free and the handbrake is almost out. I've been making slow progress but I want to make sure I manage to get hold of everything for the kit, for eBay and then rest to free is go to scrap.


No comments:

Post a Comment